Thursday, January 10, 2008

Lapidary Interests

Since I have gotten so proficient at "eliminating" in the out of doors, I am now able to be more observant of my surroundings while on my jaunts about the neighborhood. I must say, I am fascinated with the biodiversity and natural beauty of the land. You know, these purple mountains majesty, the amber waves of grain, and gravel, oh, glorious gravel! Since I have the advantage of being so close to the ground, I am able to really examine all the types of rocks, pebbles, and jewels that are abundant in the People's Republic. Some of these stones I find so irresistibly beautiful that I am moved to take them back to my crate to study and admire. So far, I have a small collection of gems that I have carried in from my walks, up in the elevator, down the hallway, and into our living room. My moms display them proudly, though I'm not sure what happened to one rock I collected that was such a lovely shade of bright green, with all sorts of crags and craters. I think I heard mom shouting something like, "Is that chewed gum?!" I shall continue to find specimens for my collection, and will post a photo soon.

In any case, I wanted to bring you up to date on a few other developments:

1. I have taken up the ancient holistic art of belching. I believe have a natural talent for belching, I am trying to teach my moms how to belch, but they have not achieved anywhere near the volume I have.
2. I have become something of a cheese gourmand. You see, at the vet, I get something they call "shots." As far as I can tell, this involves my moms making very pathetic faces while the vet stands behind me, watching as I use my expert palate to taste cheese. So far I have tasted two varieties of cheese, "Easy Cheese Cheddar" and "Easy Cheese American." Both are delicious, and they are made by a revolutionary artisan process that allows them to be served out of aerosol cans. Ingenious!

I have been so busy lately, as my mom tells me she's getting a new job, and won't be home with me on Mondays anymore. It's a shame, because Mondays were so good for getting errands and chores done, like cleaning the kitchen floor and dishwasher with my tongue, collecting dustballs that I weave into tapestries for the walls of my crate, monitoring the dog who lives on the other side of the sliding glass patio doors (the dashing fellow looks just like yours truly!), and shredding tissues. My moms sure do have a lot of tissues to shred, especially during cold season, I just don't know how I'll keep up. But, this will leave me with lots of time to blog, so I promise to get some new pictures on soon.

No comments: