Thursday, February 14, 2008

My life as a beltway bandit

Earlier this week, I was on my way home from Grandpa's new house (by the way, new carpet is THE BEST!), and we made a stop along the way at Mama's office. It was a Sunday, but she is so important that she had to work. I thought I might see if I could help out, so that she could come home ASAP to make me dinner. I can't help it, I was hungry! Anyway, we went into the office, and it turns out there were a bunch of people there. I checked out everyone's office, just to make sure there were no food scraps or interesting things to chew on the floor--a puppy could get hurt! Those are some lucky employees, let me tell you! I sampled the water there, it flows right out of the refrigerator door, like a magical, life-giving spring. I can't imagine the deep, spiritual thoughts I'd have if I drank that water every day.

In any case, I spoke with some of the employees, and their company was in serious need of some organizational development, as well as diversity training. I mean, they had never even seen a Canine Consultant! So, I taught them how to help me work most efficiently, and sensitized them to some issues canines might face in the workplace. I think it is now a much more accepting environment for workers of all species. I hope I get called to consult again soon.

No comments: