Friday, March 21, 2008

When the Mom's away...

For the last four days, Mama and I have been home alone. The first night when she didn't come home I was so depressed, all I could do was lie on the ground with one of her dirty socks and cry. Mom left us with some flimsy excuse like "business travel," but what kind of business could she possibly have been conducting in Wausau, WI? There aren't even any dogs there! I wasn't too happy about being left behind--I could totally fit in a carry-on!--but I had to pull it together and take care of Mama. We had popcorn and beer for dinner every night, because that's all I know how to cook so far. I've decided it's important I learn some new recipes so that if we're ever on our own again, I can make all sorts of gourmet meals and make Mom jealous.

Anyhow, some good things did come of our time alone (I'll refer to it hereafter as "the dark days"). First, Mama and I got to have some real quality time together. After I got over my depression, we went out cruising together in the "outdoor woods". Mama didn't manage to pick up any ladies, but I sure got lucky with a bunch of sticks and rocks. The other excellent thing is that Mom discovered (while sending us daily photo updates from the road) that the new Mac OS has a new (and WAY improved) version of PhotoBooth. If you have never used one before, you need to find your nearest Mac user immediately and ask them nicely to show you how. It is the most fun you can have besides sock chewing. You can take pictures of yourself with all sorts of effects, sort of like funhouse mirrors, but with the new one, you can superimpose yourself onto different backgrounds.

So, as soon as she got home, Mama and I had a photoshoot...here are two of our best shots...



Just Keep Swimming...Just Keep Swimming....


Wheeeeeeee!

As you can see, this presents endless possibilities for photo entertainment. You can also import any picture into the program, so if you send me a picture of yourself, I can add myself in and post it here, then you can show all your friends and co-workers, and everyone will think you've met the famous Oliver of Oliver Opines in person, and you'll be the most popular kid on the block. Just my little way of giving back.

No comments: