Thursday, January 22, 2009

Whirlwind!

Readers, it has been quite the exciting week here in our nation's capital! First, this past weekend Aunt Martha and Jim came to visit me. I love when they're around, we just spend all day playing and eating treats and causing trouble while Mom and Mama are at work. I did try to eat a safety razor (Shick Quattro razor: no squeak)--I think they're an acquired taste. Saturday, the lights went out for a while and Mom and Jim were wearing flashlights on their heads and standing on chairs trying to fix the lights. I wanted to laugh at how ridiculous they looked, but I was too scared of the dark. On Sunday, Winston came over and we watched the game together. I'm a Giants fan, but seeing as though they're out of the race, I borrowed Winston's Steelers terrible towel and took it on a little victory lap around the living room. Also, Bevan came over with a whole bag full of a great toy. She had this huge ball of string, with some sticks attached to it--it was like two toys in one! So, I grabbed the ball and tried to see how many times I could wrap the string around the dining room table before they caught me. Fun times.

Anyhow, this leads me to the most exciting day, which was Tuesday. Mom woke me up REALLY early and I did NOT want to get out of bed. I didn't know what she was so excited about, but she was dressed like a giant marshmallow. She was wearing so many layers of clothes she could barely lift me out of bed and walk down the stairs. Anyhow, we got in the car and it was still dark! Imagine my surprise when we pulled up to Winston's house! In any case, the moms left to go do something or another, but Winston and I hung out all day, glued to the TV watching the inauguration. I can tell you that everyone here was very excited, and there were people everywhere. We're hoping that the new administration will bring some dog-friendly policies and tax credits for socks and peanut butter.

This is Oliver, reporting live from our nation's capital...

No comments: