Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snowpuppy

Finally! The great white toy has again descended on our nation's capital! If you'll recall from last winter's posting, Toothfairy Leaves Dog Giant Frozen Toy, I am a huge fan of snow. I had been so disappointed that there hadn't been any snow yet this winter that I asked Aunt Martha and Jim to send some down from Buffalo, since they said they had plenty of extra there. They finally delivered-it snowed all day yesterday, and when Mom got home from work, we went for a big romp in the park. It was starting to get dark out, so the pics aren't great, but here's me all suited up in my new coat (Grandma--I lost my "Go Navy" sweater--have you seen it at your house??):


Ah, snow, it's like canine catnip! So, I promised Martha and Jim pictures of our snow angels, so here's Mom's snow angel:



And here's mine:


Anyhow, we had a great time, and then this morning, when we went out for our walk, it had all iced over! The sidewalks, grass, everything, was like a giant skating rink, and I was its loveable yet graceful Scott Hamilton. Ok, so maybe I was more Brian Boitano. The point is, my little paws slid all the way around the block, it was awesome! Tonight when we go out, I'm going to practice my famous double axel-triple lutz combination jump, and I really need to work on my spins.

P.S.:

Raw sweet potato: no squeak.

Goat's milk gouda cheese: no squeak, but darn tasty.

1 comment:

sockmom said...

Oliver, your walk in the snow sounds magical. Yes, your NAVY sweater is here. I will bring it to you. Keep on playing. Love, Grandma socks